The privacy of your personal data is important to us and we are committed to safeguarding it.
The term “personal data” refers to personally identifiable data about you, such as your name, birth date, email address or mailing address, and any other information that is identified with you personally.
By visiting, and using and/or accessing the Asia Community Foundation (ACF) website in any way, you fully understand and expressly consent to ACF’s Personal Data Protection Act (2012) (PDPA) policies and procedures for collection, use, disclosure, access, correction, accuracy, protection, retention, transfer and withdrawal of your personal data for the following purposes, where applicable, to:
- Review, processing and administration of your request for ACF’s assistance.
- Create a donor or partner profile, and make referrals upon your request or with your acknowledgement to other ecosystem partners.
- Deliver our offerings, including establishment and management of donor-advised funds, or planning, preparing and providing advice or any other philanthropic and grantmaking support.
- Provide access to our websites and pages on social media.
- Send information about events, notifications and digital newsletters. ACF may also use your photographs for publicity purposes during our events.
- Respond to your job application.
We collect your personal data when you provide it to us, such as when you submit any forms, when you correspond with us (e.g. via our website or email), and other situations in which you have chosen to provide information about you to us. In providing any personal data to us, you warrant that such information is accurate and complete.
We will not use your personal data for purposes other than what we have informed you, or which are permitted under local laws and regulations. If you choose to contact us or send us information for which you provide us with personally identifiable data, we may share necessary data with other partner organisations, so as to process the information in a most efficient and effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by law.
We will retain your personal data only as necessary for any business or legal purposes. Such data shall remain in our possession or the possession of data intermediaries acting on our behalf. To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data is secured with appropriate security technologies.
This site may contain links to non-ACF sites whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those sites.
You understand and agree for ACF to contact you for any other purposes related to ACF’s activities and interactions with you, and/or on matters in which you have an ongoing relationship with ACF. If you do not agree with any of the terms and conditions, please do not visit, use and/or access this website.
Personal identifiable information that ACF collects
ACF’s primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with our best offerings and most useful content. ACF collects personally identifiable information when you provide it to us, such as when you are being on-boarded as our donor or partner, register on our site, and when you visit ACF pages and subscribe to any of our services. Once you register with our site you are no longer anonymous to us.
Anonymous information that ACF collects
Your Internet browser has a feature called “cookies” which stores small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to any of our sites. However, cookies tell us nothing about who you are unless you specifically give us personally identifiable information. We use tracking technologies in a variety of ways, including:
- Keeping count of return visits to our site or our advertiser’ or partners’ sites.
- Accumulating and reporting anonymous, aggregate (data collected in mass), statistical information on website and advertisement usage.
- Determining which features users like best.
How ACF uses the information
The information we gather is mainly used for general purposes including:
- Enhance the user experience in our network of sites. We use tracking information to determine how well each page performs overall based on aggregate user demographics and traffic patterns to those pages. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
- Fulfil your requests for certain products and services.
- Customise the content you see.
- Any modifications to our privacy practices will be reflected first on our site. If there is a material change in our privacy practices, we will indicate on our site that our privacy practices have changed and provide a link to the new privacy statement.